Monday, May 23, 2011

A Piece of Doctor Who for Your Dresser

I consider myself a big Anglophile and a big nerd, so of course I am a huge fan of the British science fiction television program, Doctor Who. For those of you who are unfamiliar, Doctor Who is about a sexy alien man who travels through time and space, typically saving the universe but breaking hearts of impressionable young women along the way. They've really tried to spice it up lately with younger actors and cuter outfits, but the sad part is that Nick and I became devoted fans back when it was really really bad Welsh CGI and not a whole lot of production value.

Don't ask me how I noticed this because it is pretty geeky and embarrassing. If you take a look at this still from the "A Christmas Carol" episode, you can see that there are a bunch of pretty, pseudo-Dickensian white knobs on the cloud-controlling switchboards to each side of Matt Smith.

Now, I can't say for certain where the set designers got them, but these knobs look an awful lot like the Ceramic Melon Knobs from Anthropologie. I recognized them immediately because I happen to have them. Anthropologie sells beautiful knobs that are great for sprucing up Ikea dressers, which I have done with mine.

So, if you are a Doctor Who fan wishing to pretend that you have a piece of Doctor Who without going to the extremes of this or this, you're welcome.

| Photo Credit: top. Still taken from this BBC America clip; bottom. Me. |

1 comment:

Mrs Average Bride said...

Oooo I was totally thinking about that Ikea set when my fiance and I get married. Great taste! ;). You can also go to flea markets and you'll find a ton of them for WAY cheaper. But you probably won't get a bunch of the same ones. Looks great though!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...