Monday, May 9, 2011

I Sell Things On Etsy Now

My Etsy shop is finally up and running after some major procrastination on my part. You can check it out right here.

I've been meaning to offer custom digital portraits for awhile, at the encouragement of a few awesome friends whom I made buddy icons for a while back. You've also seen some sneak previews recently in my posts about my wedding stationery. If you're looking for a cute way to commemorate some awesome outfits, want art to use for your wedding postage, or are just really narcissistic, holler at me on Etsy for a custom digital portrait.

Setting up a shop on Etsy was harder than I had expected. The instructions they give you are a little too general and vague, especially since I find that many people on there who are talented with handmade crafts may not necessarily be the best with technology. PayPal is the standard way to handle payments, yet there are no clear instructions on what needs to be set up on the PayPal end verses the Etsy end, and the PayPal user interface is terrible. After stuff gets rolling in my shop, I'll probably try to post some clearer instructions to help people who are trying to set up a new shop. At least the buying process is straightforward!

| Art Credit: Me. |

2 comments:

Mlle T said...

This is so exciting. You've been owning these last few months!

Ly said...

I found your blog and etsy shop randomly. I just wanted to let you know it's so ADORABLE. Love it!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...