Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Yuppie Gift Guide, Day 6: Bags and Cases

Bags and cases are useful for storing and protecting the things we need to tow with us on a daily basis. And with all the lovely designer labels out there, they're an opportunity to give a flashy gift if you have someone you want to spend your year-end bonus on. With selections like these, your recipient will be thrilled to keep their new bag or case filled, even though they might leave your wallet empty.

| 1. Coach Transatlantic Travel Kit ($128) | Every gentleman needs a good Dopp kit. I think that when Nick made the transition from storing his travel toiletries in a plastic grocery bag to his Coach Dopp, he finally felt like he made the transition from normal person to walking GQ ad. Another fun fact: As my friend J.T. can attest, if you accidentally throw your Coach leather item into a swimming pool and the dye bleeds onto your belongings, Coach will replace it, free of charge.

| 2. Jonathan Adler Sunglass Case ($38) | Nick and I are not allowed to have expensive sunglasses because we will lose them. But if you're shopping for someone more responsible than we are, this super cute sunglass case will protect their sunglasses from getting scratches as they are being jostled about in their designer bag.

| 3. Coach Op Art Coated Canvas Medium Business Tote ($298) | Business totes are yet another one of those items that guys don't seem to put in the effort to replace unless they are absolutely broken. Fortunately, when the bag I gave Nick as a college graduation present broke (it had a good life), I convinced him to replace it with this gorgeous man bag.

| 4. Chilewich Elan Form iPhone Case ($40) | I'm a huge fan of all things by Sandy Chilewich. When I first saw her iPhone cases, they made me want to get an iPhone just so I could get a case for it that matched my Chilewich place mats.

| 5. Kate Spade Claverly Maryanne ($212) | I bought the black version of this bag during Kate Spade's Cyber Monday sale because I couldn't resist. All the Maryanne bags are a great size and shape for an everyday bag. My 13-inch laptop slides perfectly into it so I can use it as a business tote and a purse at the same time.

No comments:

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...